This project is read-only.

Problems with POV and PRV

Topics: User Forum
Nov 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Hi,

we created a masterpackage which calls different child packages.

The execution via a sql server agent job which uses the DTLoggedExec and the parameters E,C,PRE,POE,W,I,P,PRV,POV worked fine at first.

But when we added another task, an error appeared and the last child-package is not executed. All the others worked fine.

This behaviour is independent on the type of the task (for example a script or sql task) and the precedence constraint towards this task (Expression. Constrant).

We tried a lot of different things and found out that the error disappears if we delete PRV and POV in the command.

Has anybody else met problems like this or can anyone explain that behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Nov 24, 2010 at 1:56 PM

In addition:

It seems that the above described problem does not appear if you deploy the packages to the sql server.

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:25 PM

We found the solution:

In BIDS, it is necessary in the masterpackage to set the property ExecuteOutOfProcess in the Execute Package Task Editor to True.

Jan 7, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Thanks SimoneZ!

Feb 3, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Hi,

I've got a similar Problem, but for me it's not possible to open for every child package a new prozess, because it's really bad for the performance! Is there another way to solve the problem?

I have the impression that's to much information to log and so everything is cancelled and there is an unexpected <var title="adjective"></var>error.

I would be glad for every hint!

Thanks in advance.

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Hi again,

I've still the same problem! It's easy to reproduce if you simply make a masterpackage with executes many subpackages.

Has nobody any hint? I tried several things and nothing worked!

Please help me!

Thanks

Mar 18, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hello everybody,

it seems I have equal problems. I have a folder wiht about 100 xls-files, which are filled with different data which should be extracted into the database. The extraction should be done with a subpackge for each xls-file. But if I run the masterpackage. The subpackage will be executed for every xls file. But after a while (for example, after 16 xls-files) the masterpackage quits with an unknown error or the masterpackage quits with a success-message but has not executed the subpackage for all xls-files.

If I make the package out of process, like SimoneZ wrote before, the package will execute the subpackage for all xls-files. But these takes very long and has a big negative influence on the performance.

Can anybody help me with this problem? I am looking forward to your answers.

Best regards

Scar

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Hi guys

Now that I've relased that latest version of DTLoggedExec, I'll start to look at this in the next weeks.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!