The process cannot access the file becuase it is used by another process in DTLoogedExec

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 10, 2010 at 10:09 AM

This is the error i am getting when i am executing the package through DTloggedexec.

"The process cannot access the file because it is used by another process"
i came to know that the log created by DTloggedexec is used by the other process. the package didnt fail for this error in the job it shows that it running successfully. this caused a severe issue.
but no process has happened.

I have changed the log file name and it is executing. what is the problem.? why the job doesnot fail.?

Regards
Karthikeyan.T

Jun 10, 2010 at 10:38 AM

The package  failed is clearly shown in the log but the job which is calling the batch file to  run the package is successfully. How come.?

We thought that the job is running without any problem but when we checked the logs we found the package is failing.

Please explain.?

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Just to be sure I understood the situation correctly:

The log showed and error and thus reported "Failure" as Execution Result but the job didn't reported the problem?

If yes I first of all have to replicate the problem, since I never came into this situation. Can you please post the full result of a DTLoggedExec execution with the error you mentioned?